Coin Acceptor - Programmable 4 Coin Type by Adafruit
Comes with the acceptor itself, mounting hardware, and a cable for power/signal. The coin falls through, you choose how and where to store them.
To program the validator, go through the instruction sheet - you'll need about 20 of each coin to help program the acceptor. After programming, connect a 10K (1K to 100K is fine) pullup resistor from the white wire to your microcontroller's VCC line (for Arduino, this is a +5V). Insert different coins, and verify that the coin line pulses high for about 40 milliseconds the right number of times.
- Power requirements: 12VDC (+- 20%)
- Quiescent current: ~25mA
- Peak current (for solenoid): 400mA
- Accepts coins from 15mm to 29mm in diameter, 1.2mm to 3.8mm thick
- Programmable for up to four different coins
- Does not work with coins that have 'holes' in the center! Also may not work with NZ $1 coins (one report)